[MRSSA News] Regional Tournament - Individual Competition Running Order

Kristi Skillings kristi.skillings at skiotter.com
Mon Jul 18 23:39:29 CDT 2005

In an effort to try and accommodate all the teams request on when to ski -
a request has been made to try and start the individual competition
earlier on Saturday than planned.

At the last MRSSA meeting (2-27-05) - the tournament schedule was as
follows:

1.      Team meeting will be held Friday evening at 8pm.  Team paperwork will be
due by Saturday 8am.
2.      Individual Registration will be from 7-8am on Saturday
3.      Individual Swivel will start at 8:30am Saturday
4.      Team Jump will start at the end of the shows on Saturday
5.      Individual Doubles will start at the end of the shows on Sunday

The question at hand is this . . . .Can we start individual swivel at 7am
on Saturday?
The hopes is to have the first show begin by 8:30 or 9am.

They are currently trying to accommodate the 11 teams that are registered
and we will lose a team if we do not have the ability to make changes to
the above times.

I had been contacted to verify competition start times - and have offered
to bring this up to the MRSSA for discussion.

The only thing I could find remotely related in the By-Laws was "The Host Club shall have their option for order of performance.  All other
clubs will be randomly placed by the Tournament Director  seven days
before the tournament unless otherwise determined by the MRSSA Board."

In an effort to help the Waterhawks finalize their schedule and publish it
out to the teams - the hope is to have some discussion on this and try to
reach a solution by the end of the day/evening (if possible).

Discussion is now open!