[MRSSA News] Benefit Show

Kristi Skillings kristi.skillings at skiotter.com
Thu Jan 27 17:51:25 CST 2005

One of the Ski Otters (Josh Millard) had a downhill ski accident last
weekend.
I wanted to send something out for two reasons:
A) I know he partaken in several of Rochester shows and also River Rats -
and many other teams over the years
B) We are inviting all team to our site this summer for a benefit show

No one knows the details of the accident - other than that he hit a tree -
suffering fractures to his spine, a concussion, and broken ribs.
He has been battling many things over the last week (including pneumonia)
- however, things are starting to look up for him as he is off his
respirator and the family is hoping to airlift him home this week. (he
will be at Sister Kenny Rehab facility) He has no feeling in his legs, and
there is still some uncertainty as to whether or not he ever will.  He
will be confined to a wheelchair for now, and for the near future.

Among other things, our team is going to be doing a Fund-Raiser show for
Josh and his family.
We are still in the process of developing this event, but I wanted to send
out an invite (and a heads-up) to all teams.
We are looking at the weekend of August 27-28