[MRSSA News] 501C3

STEVEN SCHMAEDEKE schmed7 at en-tel.net
Tue May 18 22:19:41 CDT 2004

501C3The Little Crow Ski team does not require volunteer hours. We have, for the most part, families that are members. The kids ski and their parents run many of the other activities i.e.: boats, concessions, pro-shop, bathroom cleaning, admission, park clean up, maintenance of grounds and equipment. We line up many of our larger jobs i.e.: large construction and pavement through local companies in return for sponsorship. In return they get ads in the program, banners on site, and logos on the boats and jump.

To help urge our skiers and families to help, we create a committee list each year with one leader assigned to each committee. This goes out before Christmas. The majority of the work is still done by a small percentage of the members, but it works well. It also helps that there is no membership dues to pay,except USA-Waterski, so most members and families feel obligated to help out.

Hope this helps. If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

Steve
President LCST

PS can you believe our water is still only 55 degrees. BURR!!!!!