[MRSSA News] FW: MWRSSA Bylaws

Larry Meany ldmeany1 at mchsi.com
Sun Nov 4 20:55:17 CST 2007

  _____

From: C. Bruce McCalmon [mailto:dblskotch at mindspring.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 4:25 PM
To: Bruce Berg; Bud Ruhl; Jeff Clark; Larry Meany; Larry Meany; Mary Bortz
Subject: MWRSSA Bylaws

Mark, Bruce, Bud, Larry,

Jeff Clark & I have reveiwed the MWRSSA Bylaws and offer our
comments/corrections in the attached document.  It is totally unrasonable to
expect your Region to complete your review/respone prior to the NSSA BOD
meeting next weekend in Florida.  We would like to report that the MWRSSA is
in the process of their review/respone and that the NSSA Bylaws Committee
will work with you to complete the proces in time for the TT Meeting.
Please advise by Wednesday, November 7th if this is acceptable to you.

You will note that we recommend removing some of your sections - and move
them to a P&P Manual.  This would change your Bylaws to be a document that
states "who you are; what you are; structure".  "How" you conduct this
purpose is placed into a P&P Manual.  This keeps the Bylaws a "static"
document that does not need to be revised every time you may change how you
manage your business.  It also allows the Region a more easily
ammended/changed document (only a simple majority at any meeting - vs. 2/3
majority with prior notification) when needed changes are identified or
arise.

Both Jeff & I will continue to work with you through this process,
particularly the creation of a P&P Manual, and answer any questions that you
may have.

Please forward to your Regions' President (I believe this is Dave Nemec) as
I do not have their e-mail address, and any others in your Region who will
work on this task.

Thank you in advance for your efforts,

Sincerly,

Bruce McCalmon