[MRSSA News] Fw: Malibu 2007 Division II Show Ski Nationals

Bud Ruhl ruhlbud at tds.net
Wed Jul 25 18:26:13 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Gary&Pam Hawblitzel
To: Mark Bortz ; Donna Jenkins ; Cam Mcneill ; Larry Meany ; Bud Ruhl
Cc: Chuck McLaughlin ; Mark Skibowski ; Randy/Tracey Patrick
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:38 AM
Subject: Malibu 2007 Division II Show Ski Nationals

Midwest and Eastern Region Contacts,
With both of your regional tournaments this weekend, the following information should be very helpful to help promote the upcoming tournament.  Could you please announce throughout your tournament and also forward this message on to the respective team representatives in your region.

Sincerely,

Gary Hawblitzel

Malibu

2007 Division II National Water Ski Show Championships

SHOW SITE PICTURES AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION GO TO:

www.lakecityskiers.org

Lake City Skiers Water Ski Team

Warsaw, Indiana

Thank you for allowing the Lake City Skiers Water Ski Team to share information about our site and community with you. If you have any questions or would like additional information or clarification, please contact, Gary Hawblitzel, at home (574) 268-1012, or via email: pgblitz at earthlink.net

Malibu 2007 Division II National Show Ski Tournament

The Lake City Skiers Water Ski Team, are proud to host the Malibu 2007 Division II National Show Ski Tournament at our amazing site on Hidden Lake in Warsaw, Indiana.

We are honored to host this event at our site, which can accommodate as many as 5,000 people.

We take great pride in hosting this event. Several factors stand out in making our community and site an excellent place to hold the Division II National Show Ski Tournament.

Location. We are centrally located within the Central Region, which also has us in an excellent position between the Midwest and Wisconsin Region to the Eastern Region. Travel time is fairly equal for all teams from more regions. The show site is also at the intersection of two major routes, State Road 15 and U.S. 30.

Community and Business Support. The entire community supports the Lake City Skiers for our Annual City of Lakes Water Ski Show Tournament and the Central Region Show Ski Tournament held here in 2005. We will, once again, have that same support in 2007 for the Division II National Show Ski Tournament and Central Region Show Ski Tournament in 2008.

Superior Site. Hidden Lake, located in Warsaw, Indiana, is a private 27-acre lake; and, it is among the best of show skiing sites around.

Media Coverage. We have excellent relations with the major media outlets in Warsaw and the surrounding area.

Accommodations. There are more than 500 rooms located 5-10 minutes from the show site with many restaurants in that same immediate area. More than 100 rooms are located about 20 minutes north. There are also approximately 200 rooms located 35 minutes east of the show site with roughly 200 more rooms located 35 minutes west of the show site.

We are able to offer a safe and enjoyable event for all participating teams, officials, exhibitors, vendors, and spectators. We are open to any suggestions or input that help improve the event and promote the growth of water skiing. We are especially excited about the opportunity to host the Malibu Division II National Show Ski Tournament in 2007.

.

Respectfully submitted,

Randy Patrick

President

Show Site Information

Hidden Lake

The Lake City Skiers are able to provide outstanding accessibility for teams, officials, spectators, exhibitors, and vendors at the show site in beautiful Warsaw, Indiana. There have been major improvements to the show site over the last few years to make it a premier venue for show ski tournaments. And, the team is continuously improving its site on Hidden Lake.

Centrally-located within the Central Region and the other northern regions, Hidden Lake has calm-water conditions throughout the day and is unaffected by wind. The show site is not affected by public boat traffic, due to being on a 27-acre private lake. It is a spring fed, man-made lake in the ideal shape for show skiing patterns. Some of the other features of the Lake City Skiers show site include:

*Easily accessible from both major routes coming into Warsaw.

*Accessible areas for individuals with disabilities

*Bleacher seating to accommodate up to 1,000 spectators with additional lawn chair seating available.

*Capacity to host up to 3,000 people each day.

*Sufficient shade areas.

*Sponsor advertising opportunities (banners) available directly across the lake from the show site.

*Sufficient room for staging and five pre-staging areas.

(Each pre-staging are is approximately 20' X 100')

*Ample parking for team vehicles, boats, equipment trailers, and spectator vehicles. (Each teams boat/equipment parking area is approximately 40' X 200')

*Spacious exhibitor and vendor booth areas in high-traffic areas.

*Beer and Alcohol sales will not be allowed on the site.

Show Course

The show course at the Lake City Skiers' site on Hidden Lake in Warsaw, Indiana, is 300 feet in length from the performance platform to the white flag pole. A sandy beach approximately 10 feet wide (behind the payoff stage) runs the entire length of the show course.

The two widest portions of Hidden Lake are at each end of the lake at 600 feet, and the narrowest point is 400 feet through the show course. Water depth at the jump varies from 20 to 30 feet. The depth of the water just off the end of the performance platform/starting dock varies from 6 to 20 feet deep. The depth of the water two feet out from the sandy beach landing area is approximately 2 feet with a continuing gradual slope. The rest the shore line around the lake has a very steep drop off once about 5 to 10 feet from shore.

Distance of available usable water space beyond the show course to the west is about 1,000 feet and approximately 700 feet to the east.

Docks, Stages, and Jump

The performance platform/starting dock is 20 feet wide by 40 feet long. The dock is floating, but secured to sea wall and anchored. There are two auxiliary docks outside of the show course. The auxiliary dock to the west is back about 250 feet and is 8 feet wide by 60 feet long. The auxiliary dock to the east is about 200 feet out of the course and is also 8 feet wide by 60 feet long.

The payoff stage is 8 feet wide by 60 feet long. It can accommodate up to 40 skiers lined up single file across its entire length.

The jump used by the Lake City Skiers is the same jump that will be used for the tournament. It meets all specifications outlined in rule 9.03 of the NSSA rulebook.

Landing Area

The landing area of the Lake City Skiers' show site on Hidden Lake is 300 feet long, which is the same length as the show course. There is about 10 feet of sandy beach between the payoff stage and the water. The water depth two feet out from the beach is about two feet.

Staging Areas

The staging area and each of the five pre-staging areas will be at least 1,500 square feet in size. The areas are large enough for each team to spread out their equipment. Trailer parking will be available at the end of each pre-staging area.

Changing facilities and toilets will be located near the staging area. The Lake City Skiers will also provide a first aid kit and backboard for use in the staging area in case of emergencies.

Additional Site Information

*Hidden Lake can hold over 300 vehicles on our site. An additional 500 vehicles can be parked 200 feet past the east end of the lake.

*VIP parking and seating will be available for officials and other dignitaries. A special trailer will be located on site to provide VIP's a place to eat, drink, and relax.

*The entire show course and boat launch is closed off from public boat traffic due to being a private 27-acre lake.

*The performance platform, payoff stage, and auxiliary docks on the west and east end are covered with carpeting.

*No parking or admission charges will be assessed at any time during the event.

*Hidden Lake's grassed parking areas are accessed by gravel roads. They provide easy access for teams, officials, spectators, exhibitors, vendors, and emergency vehicles.

*Parking attendants may monitor and manage traffic in and out of the park during the event.

*The Lake City Skiers will secure a minimum of 12 portable toilets to be placed at various locations throughout the park.

*The show site offers electrical outlets that are available at various locations.

*The Lake City Skiers will provide concessions during the tournament. The main concession area will be at the east end of the show course.

*Local police officer will be on hand through the night to watch the boat and equipment parking area.

*An ambulance and qualified personnel will be on site throughout the entire event. Kosciusko Community Hospital and MedStat are both only minutes from the show site.

*Communication will be maintained with the local authorities.

Transportation

Warsaw, Indiana, is centrally-located within the Central Region. Road transportation for competing teams an spectators is an easy trip going east and west across U.S. 30 or north and south on State Road 15.

Warsaw, Indiana is located approximately the following distances from these respective locations.

Madison, Wisconsin 270 miles

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 215 miles

Rock Island, Illinois 275 miles

Rockford, Illinois 210 miles

Chicago, Illinois 120 miles

Indianapolis, Indiana 120 miles

Grand Rapids, Michigan 130 miles

Detroit, Michigan 230 miles

Cleveland, Ohio 270 miles

Airports

South Bend Regional Airport 50 miles

Fort Wayne Regional Airport 40 miles

Indianapolis Regional Airport 120 miles

Chicago's O'Hare International 120 miles

Accommodations

The hotel/motel rooms below are located only 5 - 10 minutes from the show site.

HOTEL/MOTEL # OF ROOMS

Ramada Plaza Hotel 156

Holiday Inn Express 80

Hampton Inn Opening spring 2007

Comfort Inn 71

Economy Inn 67

Super 8 Motel 54

Days Inn 50

Total Rooms 478

There are 168 rooms, 20 minutes north of the show site.

There are approximately 200 rooms, 35 minutes west of the show site.

There are approximately 200 rooms, 35 minutes east of the show site.