[MRSSA News] Fw: information

Bud Ruhl ruhlbud at tds.net
Mon May 15 18:52:20 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Kurtis McMillan
To: Kurtis McMillan
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:30 PM
Subject: information

This was sent to me please read and forward on to your teams & region if you choose!

KM

This is just to inform those who may not know what happened last week during Chippewa Lakes practice.

I have been in contact with a member of Chippewa Lake Ski Team, about a member of
theirs (Ken Arend), who was in a very serious skiing accident last Wednesday night
at their ski practice.  He was skiing back barefoot at the time.

I am asking that you all please pray for his healing, as well as  for his family and
team (extended family) as they deal with this. They are all hurting because of this, and that is about all we can do at this time.  I believe that prayer does work and is important way for others to do when we are physically unable to do anything else.

Please do not overload the members of Chippewa Lake with questions about Ken, They will inform us about his condition when they feel they can.  I will also relay the information on Ken that I receive.

As the rest of us begin our skiing season. please take the time to insure our skiers safety.

Kurt B.

Hi everyone,

I have been in contact with a member of Chippewa Lake Ski Team about a member of theirs (Ken Arend) who was in a very serious skiing accident last Wednesday night at their ski practice. Their lake is a long narrow private lake, and he was skiing back barefoot down the middle of the lake, which was normal. After he got up he slid out side to the boat wake, again normal, but then he kept sliding further out from the boat. By the time they realized what was happening he was right in front of the starting dock with a boat beside it. He let go but he still hit the boat. He is in critical condition, but he did improve slightly today.

I am asking that you all please pray for his healing and for his family and team (extended family as they deal with this. They are all hurting because of this, and that is about all we can do at this time.

If I get any up-dates, I will pass them on if I can.

Thanks,

Kurt B.

--