[MRSSA News] Swivel Clinic - Final Details

Mark Bortz mark at planetbortz.com
Tue Jul 11 23:22:42 CDT 2006

Ok,

Looks like a mixed bag of votes.
I've come up with the following to not require any funding from the
region.
I'm sorry that Cedar Rapids is too far away and that the timing is
close to regionals.
It just seems that no other teams are trying to do anything...
(Betty did mention that she is teaching a clinic right after ours in
Minnesota?)
(Initially I was under the impression she was attending Div 2 nationals
but apparently that was incorrect)

Seems like a good time to hone the swivel skills for Nationals!

Anyway- Here are the final details.

We've talked to Betty and the number of days she will teach is now
flexible.
The trade off was an increase in the cost to the skiers.

An hour of skiing (2 - 1/2 hour sets) will cost $80.  One set in the
morning and the second
set in the afternoon. This is substantially less than the $140/hr I
believe she charges at her lake.

There will be 8 skiing slots per day.
Betty will start with Dryland at 7am in the morning.

We will start skiing on Monday July 31st.
Clinic will be held in Cedar Rapids, IA
We would like to fill each day if possible, preferable filling each day
in order (Mon. 1st, Tue 2nd, etc.).
If there is enough skier interest we can also ski on Thursday.

As this is no longer a regional event I will be opening this up to
anyone who wants to attend.
Please spread the word to your team and other teams if you have their
contact info.

Please email your skiing preference to mark at planetbortz.com or call
319-294-1144.
Once I confirm your skiing day I will need you to mail payment to:
(Make checks payable to Five Seasons Ski Team)
Mark Bortz
540 S Troy Rd
Robins, IA 52328

I will send directions later to those actually attending.

As of 7/11/06 the following slots are available.
Monday 7/31
	Five Seasons has filled  2 slots (6 remain open)

Tuesday 8/1
	Five Seasons has filled 4 slots ( 4 remain open)

Wednesday 8/2
	Five Seasons has filled 1 slot ( 7 remain open)