[MRSSA News] Swivel Clinic for Region - Vote Needed

Mark Bortz mark at planetbortz.com
Wed Jul 5 22:13:41 CDT 2006

This just came up, need to act sort of fast.

Betty Bonifay has an opening for July 31, August 1,2,3 (4 days)
Five Seasons is willing to host & furnish gas for the event.
I've tentatively committed to this with Betty.

Cost of Betty is $500/day + $300 travel = total would be $2300.

If we do 8 hours of skiing / day (8-12, 1-5) that gives us 32 1 hour
skier slots.

If we charge $65 / skier for 2- 1/2 hour sessions (1 hour total skiing)
in either a morning or an afternoon
we have the potential to raise $2080 to offset the cost. Best case this
leaves $220 for the region to cover.

I don't know if we can get all 32 slots sold.

Five Seasons would buy a minimum of 5 slots. (possibly more?)

To help fill the slots we could invite Backwater Gamblers and the
Mississippi Blackhawks as well (they are relatively close).

Would the region be willing to accept some financial risk in this if
all slots are not sold????

********
Here is where the vote is needed
I would propose that the Region cover up to $600 of the cost of the
clinic.

Please give a yes or no vote as soon as possible.

I ran this by Dave Nemec who thought it was a good idea and proposed
the monetary cap.

Thanks
Mark Bortz
Five Seasons Ski Team