[MRSSA News] Drivers/Safety Clinic - Attendees

Meany Larry D MeanyLarryD at JohnDeere.com
Wed May 11 12:14:50 CDT 2005

The new drivers rule change has proposed that the drivers maintenance
record if needed will be sent out with the membership renewal notice
starting 2006.
Teams without a jump are to put buoys in to simulate a jump and drive
the required pattern and fall with a pick up the examiners are aware of
this.

  _____

From: News-bounces at mrssa.org [mailto:News-bounces at mrssa.org] On Behalf
Of Steve Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:06 PM
To: Mailing List for Midwest Region
Cc: John.Lindstrom at target.com; Jeremy Tummel
Subject: Re: [MRSSA News] Drivers/Safety Clinic - Attendees

Thanks.  It was posted about 6 hours after I asked on Monday afternoon.

With the season upon us, I decided to check on driver's maintenance, etc
now that we're hitting the water.

Our club president had signed our 2 current drivers' maintenance forms
back in  December and sent them to USA Waterski.  Jeremy Tummel, John
Lindstrom and our Board presumed they were set.  I've checked the online
officials' directory and noticed that it is still the 2004 directory.
It does not list our two current certified drivers, nor three additional
that were certified last spring(and have since left the team).  However,
it does list a driver that hasn't been on the team, nor driven a team
boat since 2003.

What I am wondering is - is there a way for USA Waterski to confirm they
have received our maintenance forms in the future and also update the
current year's online directory?  It is now May and we are about to
start practices where we need current tested drivers.  Our certified
driver's do not have a card stating their status, nor any other proof
indicating as much.  I was told by Traci Baylon at USA-WS this would be
resolved over three weeks ago and have yet to see progress.  If
something were to happen at a "sanctioned event" what do we do and how
do we prove our drivers are certified?

Also, I'm still working on getting a safety clinic together, but USA-WS
is unable to provide me with a list of people that can conduct one.
I've left a message with Herb Schulte though to see what his
availability is.  I found his info under the scheduled clinics page on
USA-WS.

Side note - How is certification handled for drivers that do not have
access to a jump, but still need to know how to drive it to become
certified?  Just thinking about the small and potential new teams this
would most likely affect.

Steve Anderson

612-385-3688