[MRSSA News] Boat Driver Certification

dnemec at comcast.net dnemec at comcast.net
Fri Sep 24 19:01:39 CDT 2004

After the meeting at Regionals, I managed to get my notes all wet.  Jim Bruns and I tried to recreate his motion...  please review what we came up with (plus additions).  We want to confirm it before the board before it goes to NSSA.
"Each team shall have at least one towboat driver who has passed the NSSA Towboat Driver Certification requirements.  In tournaments, a minimum of 25% of all drivers for a team must be NSSA Towboat Driver Certified.  The NSSA Certified Boat Driver need not be present at each sanctioned event/practice but must be an active driver for the team in tournaments.  A Towboat Driver is defined as anyone who pulls a skier in a show/performance."
Let's use this as the starting point for the discussion at the meeting.
dave.